Air, Air, Everywhere!
Over the last few weeks Mr Brennan has worked with Rang a Ceathair completing lots of experiments and design activities exploring the air around us. We explored lots of concepts, including:
- Air takes up space.
- The space around us is not empty but is filled with air, which is pushing on everything around us. This is called air pressure.
- Air resistance can reduce the effect of gravity.
- Objects with a larger surface area are more strongly affected by air resistance than objects with a small surface area.
- Moving air can behave as a pushing force and cause things to move.
- Trapped air inside something can produce great forces (pneumatics).