Kilglass N.S. Covid-19 Policy Statement & Response Plan
Covid-19 Guide for Parents
- School drop off 9.20a.m. to 9.30a.m.
- Stop, Drop and Go (Speed of Movement is Key)
- Children go directly to their fire exit classroom door where they will be received by their classroom teacher
- Everyone will use hand sanitiser provided on entry and exit
- Children and staff wash their hands regularly throughout the day using correct handwashing technique
- Children are asked to have a pencil case with all essentials labelled which will remain in school at all times.
- To collect a child during school hours, please contact the office first.
- Children will be in their class bubbles and pods with classrooms laid out in accordance with Department guidelines
- Each class bubble has their own designated space on yard.
- Our focus will be on finding where the children are at with their learning and then moving them forward.
- The school will be cleaned daily. Students will be required to leave their desk space and chair free of books and other materials at the end of the day, to facilitate daily cleaning
- If showing symptoms, pupil will be isolated in the designated isolation area and parents called. Parents will contact GP. Please ensure contact information is up-to-date.
- Pupils should stay home for 14 days after returning from a country not on the green list.
- Lunchboxes and water bottles, should only be used by one child and should be cleaned daily with regular household cleaning products.
- School bags should be cleaned regularly.
- School uniforms or clothes should be laundered regularly in line with usual good hygiene. If uniforms or clothes are visibly dirty or soiled, they should be laundered.
- Please ensure children have appropriate raingear as the children will be going out in order to ventilate classroom.
- Infants will leave at 2.00p.m. However, for the first week the new Junior Infants will go home at 12.00p.m. Parents of Junior and Senior Infants are asked to observe social distancing on the school yard where they can collect their child from the class teacher.
- At 3.10p.m. children from First Class to Sixth Class will be escorted by their class teachers in two lines, one for the front gate and one for the back gate for dismissal at the end of the day.
- Stop, Pick up and Leave (Flow of Movement is Key)
- Congregation of people at school gates should be strictly avoided.
- Parents are asked not to enter the school building unless it is absolutely necessary and are asked to make an appointment if they wish to speak to a teacher.
- All visitors to the school (parents included) are asked to sign a contact tracing log on entering the school building. All visitors are asked to socially distance at all times and to wear a face mask. They are also asked to sanitise their hands on entering and exiting the building.
- An e-payment system has been set up to reduce necessity to enter the office.
- It is paramount that parents not send their child to school if they feel unwell and are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 (Temperature, Cough, Shortness of Breath, Loss of taste or smell).
- Please email email@example.com to confirm that you have read this. Please provide your name and the email address you wish to use for any correspondence from the school. Your email will be used for future contact by the school.
Information for Students and Parents
Please find Back to School Advice from the Department of Education. Follow the links provided below for more information. Please be assured that the staff of Kilglass National School will be focused on finding where the children are at with their learning and then moving them forward. We will be focused on the children’s wellbeing and promoting:
- a sense of safety
- a sense of calm
- a sense of belonging and connectedness
- a sense of self-efficacy and community-efficacy
- a sense of hope